Sunday, March 20, 2011

Did your mother tell you to eat your vegetables???

Mine did! She also told me to bring my camera with me everywhere I go because y0u will never know when it will come in handy. Well actually she didn't, but she did tell me about this wonderful place called Sprouts. It is a farmers market style grocery store so I was able to find a plethora of vegetables. I took this week as an opportunity to make some hearty veggie filled meals. I made a Minestrone Soup for the first time and I must say it turned out very delicious. I also made a vegetable curry dish. Below were some of the ingredients I used in these dishes. Also, because this post is beyond late, I added a few extra photos.

Cabbage!

Ginger Root (I don't think this is technically a vegetable, but it was very strange looking so I had to add it. )
Carrots (this was an action shot)



Radishes! (Yum? I don't know because I don't think I have ever had one)

??? It was at the sprouts market, did not catch the name


??? Sorry! But I thought it was beautiful colors


MINI PEPPERS! Aren't they adorable!!!

Green Bell Pepper (One of my favorite veggies)

Onion! (I use these in almost everything I make!)


Sorry for the lateness of this post. I am a few weeks behind- thanks grad school :/ But I really hope to catch up soon. Next week is "underneath," we shall see where I go with this.

1 comment:

  1. Loveeee. Great job B! I like the cabbage...it looks so perfect. And those mini peppers are so cute I could eat them! (But I wouldn't). xoxo

    ReplyDelete